What is Python?
Python is a prominent programming language. It was produced by Guido van Rossum, and also launched in 1991.
It is made use of for:
- web growth (server-side),
- software program development,
- system scripting
What can Python do?
Python was created for readability, as well as has some similarities to the English language with influence from mathematics.
Python utilizes brand-new lines to complete a command, instead of other programming languages which commonly utilize semicolons or parentheses.
Python relies on impression, utilizing whitespace, to define extent; such as the scope of loopholes, classes and also features. Various other programs languages frequently use curly-brackets for this objective.
- Python deals with different systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc).
- Python has a basic syntax comparable to the English language.
- Python has phrase structure that allows programmers to write programs with less lines than a few other programs languages.
- Python operates on an interpreter system, meaning that the code can be executed as soon as it is composed. This indicates that prototyping can be very quick.
- Python can be dealt with in a procedural way, a practical means or an object-oriented way.
- Python can be made use of on a web server to produce web applications.
- Python can be used alongside a software program to develop process.
- Python can attach to database systems. It can also review as well as customize data.
- Python can be used to deal with huge information and perform intricate paths.
- Python can be made use of for fast prototyping, or for production-ready software program advancement.
Python Syntax contrasted to other programs languages.
print ("Hi, I am using Python for the first time!")
"Hi, I am using Python for the first time!"
As you can see, the print() function allows us to simply print (as it’s saying) text in our program. Don´t worry too much right now, we will cover everything in the future python tutorials.
Great to know.
The most recent significant variation of Python is Python 3, which we shall be utilizing in this tutorial.
Nonetheless, Python 2, although not being upgraded with anything other than protection updates, is still fairly preferred.
In this tutorial Python will certainly be written in a text editor. It is feasible to write Python in an Integrated Advancement Environment, such as Thonny, Pycharm, Netbeans or Eclipse which are specifically useful when handling bigger collections of Python files.